Gas Smell Evacuates Lake Mills Assisted Living Center

Gas Smell Evacuates Lake Mills Assisted Living Center

A Lake Mills assisted living facility was evacuated Thursday night due to the strong smell of gas, fire officials said. WE Energies authorities said the smell came from a gas stove burner that had been left on at Lilac Assisted Living Community. The Lake Mills Fire Department responded to a call reporting a strong smell of natural gas at 403 O’Neil Street around 7:56 last night . Crews had evacuated the building as a precaution.