NRG Media Fort Atkinson operates three radio stations: WFAW-AM, WSJY-FM and WKCH-FM.
WFAW features local news, weather and sports, and carries the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, Wisconsin Badger football and basketball, the Milwaukee Bucks and local high school football, basketball, baseball and softball. WFAW serves Jefferson county and Northern Rock, Western Walworth, Eastern Dane and Southern Dodge County in Wisconsin.
107.3 WSJY is your “At Work Station” featuring current Adult Contemporary mixed with the best from the 70’s-80’s-90’s and today. WSJY serves Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, specifically Jefferson, Rock, Walworth, Green, Dodge and Dane counties in Wisconsin and Winnebago, Boone and McHenry counties in Illinois.
“KOOL 106.5, The Greatest Hits of All Time” features music from the late 60’s as well as the 70’s and 80’s. WKCH serves Jefferson and Walworth counties as well as, Northern Rock, Eastern Dane, Southern Dodge and Western Waukesha counties in Wisconsin.
Any station openings will be posted below when they are available with information about the position and the requirements for the candidate we are seeking. Each opening will also include contact information and details on the deadline to apply.
NRG Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Account Executive/Sales – Janesville-Fort Atkinson WI
NRG Media, a privately owned and operated media company with radio stations and websites serving seven regions throughout Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Illinois, is looking for outstanding local sellers to join their team.
The company culture encourages training, support and growth, with many sellers being promoted to higher positions throughout the years. The company is managed by media professionals who know, understand and love the media business. They invest in tools to ensure the best sellers and products in each market and take pride in knowing all of their employees. They believe in treating their team fairly, with trust and are upfront in sharing clear, concise expectations. There is an open door policy which is not available in many companies. They offer tools to help employees succeed such as hands on training, coaching and updated research, all in a fun and creative environment.
The goal of this position is to represent the station product line to local and regional companies. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. NRG utilizes the Axiom sales training platform for all new sales hires.
The position duties include:
- Research local businesses to uncover potential clients;
- Call on prospects, current and past clients to learn of their challenges and then utilize various on-air, on-line or on-site solutions to help grow their business. The solutions are then presented to the client which will include why they need to promote, why to use radio and why on NRG stations and websites. The AE handles all negotiations, follow up and relationship building with clients for current and future business.
- Must be able to meet the required activity levels of sales calls and reports
- Utilize stations materials to create persuasive reasons for clients and prospects to invest in suggested marketing/advertising plans;
- Handle all negotiations with clients;
- Handle the complete sales cycle for each client – consultation, sales materials, rates and schedules, sales contracts, creative, follow up and collections;
- Maintain all correspondence, details, contracts, etc. into required system/paperwork in a timely manner;
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with all clients, team members and other departments within company;
- Attend all required meetings, station events and client remotes some which may occasionally be on evenings or weekends;
- A valid driver’s license
- Daily access to a reliable and insured motor vehicle
- Represent NRG Media with a high level of trust and professionalism at all times
Ideal Candidate Skills, Characteristics and Experience:
- A passion for helping grow businesses
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of sales or equivalent experience in working directly with customers
- Proven experience at closing business
- Ability to think on your feet, research and read general and industry specific materials
- Experience in preparing presentations using appropriate software, with ability to verbally present to small and large groups along with above average listening skills
- Adept at calculating mathematical exercises to determine sales plans, discounts, interest, commissions and percentages
- Proficient at working the Internet, MS Office (Power Point, Word & Excel)
- Must be able to provide transportation to meet required number of meetings and events
- Ability to multi-task on a daily basis to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience working with a CRM (customer relationship management) system a plus
- Examples of persistence and going ‘over and above’ to close a sale
To be successful in this position, a candidate must show a passion for the job, maintain a positive attitude which enables strong relationship building- both internally within the station and outside, must be inquisitive and strategic with the thought process of being able to offer creative solutions to help clients grow their business, thus increase station billing
NRG treats employees with fairness and respect and expects the same of all employees.
The AE position offers a competitive compensation with incentives, and growth potential. NRG offers above average benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, Employee Assistance Program and generous vacation policy.
NRG Media is an EOE.
Interested parties can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org