As you can tell by my other blogs, I’m on a big all recipe kick right now. I’ve shared dessert recipes, bread recipes and now it’s time for a breakfast recipe!
I found this recipe while cruising through Pinterest and the title caught my eye: Pumpkin French Toast Sticks!
To make these yummy little breakfast sticks all you need is:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of bread (depending on how many slices you want)
- 2/3 cups milk
- Set a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat, add a small amount of butter and melt.
- In a small rectangular baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dip the bread into the mixture, flip sides and then place on the hot skillet. Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small rectangular baking dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Remove the fully cooked french toast sticks from the skillet and immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve hot with maple syrup or buttered pecan syrup.